Friday, June 26, 2009

Silk Road - 28 May 2009 - Horse Show, Kyrgyzstan

The next stop was the horse show. They play a game with a dead, headless goat. This game dates back about 3,000 years. They also demonstrated wrestling on horseback where one rider tries to throw the other off his horse. They also picked up a cloth from the ground from horseback at a full gallop. Finally there was a horse race. It was interesting. Horsemanship in Kyrgyzstan is excellent
Game involving dead, headless goat
Scoring a goal
Trying to pick up a clothe from the ground
Race

We finally arrive at the AkKeme Hotel in Bishkek. Instead of going to the museum, the group elected to rest. I got on the internet and went through 168 messages at a cost of $5. The young man in the business center tried to get my machine to work in my room, but he couldn’t; so I went down to the business where I plugged into their system. By the time I finished. I had all of ten minutes to rest.


View from Hotel Room in Bishkek

No comments: