Sunday, June 21, 2009

Silk Road - 24 May 2009 - Kashgar Sunday Market

I had about an hour before we were to leave for lunch. I checked my e-mail and made contact via AIM with Marla.

We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant in the same area (the old British Consulate) as where we had lunch yesterday. It was good and there was a lot. The only problem is that I have to ask which dish contains pork, because at least one usually does.

The afternoon’s activity was going to the Sunday Bazaar. They sell just about everything there. Leslie Anne got a battery for her watch! They sold lengths of silk clothe, hats, shoes, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, carpets, bronzes, jewelry and I don’t remember what else.


Heading for the Sunday Market
Selling Shoes
Sunday Market
Eating Area at Sunday Market
Fabric Area
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Area - note snakes on left
Suzie buying a hat

Back at the hotel, I showered and took a nap. We went to a nice Chinese restaurant in what had been the Russian compound prior to 1920. Leslie Ann had bought two bottles of wine and with the beer that was served, I felt no pain. In fact, I had trouble staying up to complete this write-up.


Heading out to dinner
Restaurant Location
In compound
In the compound
Chinese Restaurant

No comments: