Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday 24 January 2008






I actually made it to breakfast this morning where I took a slice of bread with tea. I’m in the lounge now waiting for the mornings lecture to begin. I need to get down to my cabin later to post my blog entries and check my e-mail.

There were two lectures this morning. One was on the worst journey to collect Emperor Penguin eggs. The second was on the Shackleton voyage in which they were stranded on the ice for 15 months and then left some men on a island while Shackleton and a few men headed to South Georgia Island seeking help from a whaling station.

I was actually able to eat lunch and keep it down. We are coming in view of Cape Horn.

The lecture of the afternoon was on Global warming. The only issue that surprised me was the statement that burning of the Amazon forest had no impact on global warming.

I took some pictures as we were coming into the Beagle Channel which led into Ushaia. There was a loud cocktail party before dinner and a very pleasant dinner. I finally came down to the cabin to perform my least desired chore; namely packing my suitcase. Since just about everything needs to be washed, I just stuffed things in as best I could. I hope the shampoo,etc don’t break through the plastic bags. Tomorrow after breakfast, we will do some touring of Ushaia and then off to the the airport.

All in all this has been a great vacation. I’m not looking forward to going home because of the state of the suitcase. I discovered that the handle had broken off! I kept the duct tape out in case I need to use it!

No comments: