Saturday, August 6, 2016

Heading to South Africa



16 July 2016

It is amazing what my grey hair buys; I didn’t have to take off my shoes for security and I was offered early boarding.  The advantage was I had no problem getting my carry-on in the overhead.
I have even requested an electric car to get me to the gate for the 2nd leg of my trip.

17 July 2016

My Delta flight arrived 6:00 am (midnight New York time), which was effectively on time.  A car drove me to the waiting area where I was able to logon on my computer to receive and send e-mail. About 90 minutes before boarding, another car came and too me to the gate for the trip for the trip to South Africa.  I had wanted to stay awake on this leg of the journey but I did fall asleep.
We are landing and I am disturbed because I lost one of the barrettes for my hair.  We are arriving roughly on time.  A car was supposed to pick me up to drive me to the hotel.  I was met by a wheel chair which took me all the way to the car that was to pick me up.  I was surprised that I was the only one being picked up.

No comments: