Sunday, August 14, 2016

Arrive at Kapama Game Reserve - 21 July 2016



21 July 2016

Luggage is due out at 6:45 and I was punctual. I had breakfast and I jumped on the bus where we were taken to the airport for our flight.  Apparently we are not staying at Kruger National Park, but at a private game reserve called Kapama.  We were picked up from the airport and on the way to the lodge, we saw some Lions resting in the shade near a watering hole.  Later on we passed two white rhinos.  We were told that white rhinos eat grass, but black rhinos eat leaves.  We arrived at the lodge and were assigned rooms and I am very pleased with my room.  Unfortunately my suitcase tore.  Our tour leader suggested that one of the women here could fix it for me, which makes sense.  If I had a needle and thread, I could do it.

Plane to Kapama

Airport

Cars  that would take us to Kapama



Entrance to Kapama Reserve

Lions enjoying the shade


Rhinos - the most dangerous animal in Africa


White Rhinos eat grass

After lunch, I went back to my room to rest and I think that I fell asleep.  We headed out at four for our first ride.  The only animal that we didn’t see was a leopard.  It is amazing how cold it got when the sun went down. Fortunately, the cars carry blankets and I needed it.  I wished that I had brought something warm.  We saw some Lions snoozing before the females went out to hunt.  I was disappointed in that I didn’t get decent pictures of them.

Rhinos

Female Nyala on Resort grounds

Giraffe

Elephant

Taking dust bath to protect his skin

Taking dust bath to protect his skin

Walking away and flapping ears to cool off

Wildebeest and Zebras

Water Buck also known at toilet seat antelope

Water Buck

Zebras

Dark grey Gosack



Giraffe

Giraffe

Zebra

Kudu

Kudu
Impala
Impala

Giraffe
Hypos in the water - A Pod

Hypos

Hypos

Hypos


Giraffe

Sunset
Note special chair in front for the tracker





Lion cubs

Lion Cubs
 
We returned to the lodge at about 7 and dinner was 7:30. I’m in my room getting ready to go to sleep.

No comments: