Sunday, August 9, 2015

23 July 2015 – Return to Beijng



We left the Ramada and headed to the Genghis Khan Airport on the outskirts of Ulaanbaatar.  Our plane for Beijing was supposed to leave at 12:50, but did not leave until 1:40.  We spent hours waiting around the airport which is rather small, but did have stores which accepted dollars.  I bought another key chain and a purse that I can give to Alma’s mother. 

We arrived in Beijing and almost missed the man who was supposed to meet us.  Fortunately Debbie found him.  Tony was extremely helpful and handled my large suitcase.  I was disturbed that the man who met us did not take my suitcase.  Tony commented.  I was thinking that he had lost his tip.  He got us to the van that was to take us to the hotel and turned around and left us!  The tip question was resolved.  The driver spoke enough English to tell me that he would pick me up at 9:00 am tomorrow to take me to the airport.  

At the hotel, I checked in and requested the bag I had left in storage.  It was delivered to my room with my suitcase.  I was impressed.  I repacked my bag so that it is ready for morning.  I switched some items from my large suitcase to my carry on.  The reason is that I think that the dragon I bought for Herman might set off the alarms.  I’ve been having problems with my lock in my purse.  Hopefully I will only have to take my small bag apart.  

I took a refreshing shower and once I throw on clothes, I will be ready to meet my traveling companions for dinner tonight.

An Italian restaurant was selected for this evening. The food was good and the company was great.  I’ve really enjoyed this trip.

No comments: