Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Heading to Santiago, Chile



Monday, 7 January 2013

Herman drove me to the airport, which I appreciated.  The security clearance lines were quite long and I didn’t enjoy waiting (as usual).  I had wanted to leave earlier, but it just didn’t work out.  I did get an aisle seat, but it was towards the back of the plane.

At 8:30 pm, the plane took off.  We actually started boarding about an hour earlier.  As I sat there reading the traveler’s prayer in my siddur, the man next to me was making the sign of the cross; same idea with different expression.

I watched “The King’s Speech” while reading “The Patriarch”, which is a biography of Joseph P. Kennedy.  I just happened to be at that part of the book where he was ambassador to Britain during the outbreak of World War II.

No comments: