Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Buenos Aires, Argentina 13 January 2013



Sunday, 13 January 2013


Church in Recoleta Area by Crafts Market


Entrance to Cemetery where Eva Peron is buried


Inside Church



Craft Market

Craft Market


Craft Market


 Where we had a drink and watched Argentinean Life go by

Dinner near hotel

I got everything packed and was ready to go.  Since I wasn’t sure of the time that luggage was supposed to be picked up, I brought my suitcase down myself.  I decided that I wanted to buy that beer stein that I had seen so I raced out after asking Alex to watch my carry-on.  I exchanged money so I could pay for the beer stein in cash and then I couldn’t find the store!  I had to race back to the hotel because the bus was scheduled to leave at 10:00 and I didn’t want people waiting for me.

We drove to the airport and on the way, the driver spotted a condor overhead.  Despite the fact that they are vultures, they look so majestic as they soar on the thermals.  When we got to the airport, at security, they almost took away my scissors that I use for my knitting,  I will have to remember to put them in my packed bag.  



The flight to Buenos Aires was not bad.  We were met by our Buenos Aires guide, Carla.  After we checked in and I stored the appropriate items in the safe, at the recommendation of Alex, I went with some of the women to the craft market.  I bought two items.  After wandering around for awhile, we sat down at the outdoor cafĂ©.  I had a Swepes tonic and the other ladies had ice cold beer.  We were joined by others later and I wound up walking back with Mark and Margaret and we had dinner at the place recommended by Alex.  It is a neighborhood restaurant and I had the cheese ravioli, which was quite good.  I had wanted to have ice cream which is supposed to be quite good here, but I just couldn’t eat any more.
After dinner, I returned to the hotel, where I am ready to drop!

No comments: