Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Port of Spain, Trinidad – 2 May 2010

I got up at 6:00 to finish packing my suitcase which must be out by 7:00AM. I can’t find the silk scarf that I brought back from my silk road trip. I still don’t have an answer on the knitting needles. I have to finish packing then go to breakfast. Departure time is 8:30AM.

I was given my passport with all paper work filled out. We boarded the bus for the tour of Port of Spain. We were driven around the city with our guide/driver identifying virtually every building that we passed. He took us to a high point over the city where we stopped and got out of the bus. I was able to take pictures. Trinidad has a population of about 1.5 Million of which ten percent live in the city of Port of Spain. The principal export is oil and natural gas. Trinidad is only about seven miles from the Venezuelan coast and has good relations. The only good beaches are on the other side of the island, which we didn’t go to. We went to the ASA Wright Nature Centre. It was a real white knuckle drive up a mountain. There were hair pin turns on a very narrow road. After we came down the mountain, we were taken to the local airport, where I found that my 2:45 plane has been delayed to 3:20 PM.



View from the ship upon arrival at Port of Spain, Trinidad


Port of Spain, Trinidad

Ships at dock
In the Nature preserve
Herb Garden
Herb Garden
Flower

Herb Garden

Note Blue-green bird
Bird
Birds
More Birds

No comments: