Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Arature – 1 May 2010

We arrived at Arature and had only one outing in the Zodiacs. I think that I might have gotten some pictures of Toucans, but I can’t be sure. Since my trip was scheduled for 7:30, I ate breakfast before the excursion. Shortly after we returned, the Capitan lifted anchor and we headed further down river. By 11:30 we were in the Atlantic rocking and rolling. Luellen gave the disembarkation lecture and I paid for a tour of Port of Spain in Trinidad. I will be leaving the ship at 8:30 and there we will be a three hour tour at the end which I will be dropped off at the airport. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten an answer on my knitting needle question. If I don’t get an answer, I’ll just pack my knitting needles.

Tanya Edwards spoke about Vitamin D and its importance to a lot of health conditions. Buzz Thompson spoke about the great rivers of the world. I had asked about the condition of the Atlantic and had been warned that I might be happier if I took a Dramamine. I took one at 10:00 before we hit the Atlantic and then another after lunch. Later in the day, I had to ask the receptionist for pills as I had run out. I tried to eat lunch, but when I realized that it was not going down well, I asked one of the waiters to bring me a slice of bread. The Maitre’D had already brought me some ginger, which I ate with the bread. After lunch, I returned to my cabin and lay down for a while. I’m not as sick as I was those two days going from Brazil to Suriname, but I’m not a happy camper. Food does stay down as long as I’m careful.

I made it to the lounge for Hugo’s talk about growing up on the Amazon River. The slide show was shown as a recap and I will be given a CD with the slide show and other information about the trip on it. I returned to my cabin to change and then went to the captain’s cocktail party. Dinner followed and then off to load up my pictures and go to bed.


Bird in Tree
View down Stream
Bird in Tree
Toucan
Toucan
Toucan in Tree
Living along side river
Children playing at river's edge
Hanging out laundry

No comments: