Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Reykjavik, Iceland - 17 July 2011

I got up early and got the luggage out and then went to breakfast. We were scheduled to leave at 8:45 and for the most part we were on time. Elizabeth’s departure was 7:00 am. I’m sure that she is probably home by now and hopefully feeling better.

We arrived at the Hotel Borg. I got my room and put my luggage upstairs. I took my bathing suit and a towel and signed up for the trip to the Blue Lagoon. I enjoyed the trip and the blue lagoon. This is the waste water from the power plant. It felt very comfortable. The temperature was just right. After paddling around for about an hour, I got dressed and joined the couple that I had traveled with. We ate something in the cafeteria and scoped out the souvenir shop. Then we headed back to the hotel. I spent the afternoon wandering around Rekjavik and bought a few more things.

I went to dinner with Jay and Suzie and then came up here. I have to make sure my luggage is ready for early morning movement! My big concern is my wet shoes and bathing suit. I’ll see what the morning brings.





Reykjavik at 11:00 PM from cabin on ship

Blue Lagoon Sign

Walking up path to Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon from Cafeteria Window


Reykjavik's answer to Central Park's Strawberry Field

No comments: