Monday, November 23, 2009

Plitvice Lakes – 11 November 2009

As soon as we arrived in Plitvice Lakes, luggage was dumped in the room and we went for a walk which lasted about three hours. The walk was “interesting”! The “boardwalk” was made of logs and I had to be extremely careful that I didn’t fall. You could see through and frequently it was a long way down. Some of the men helped me in places where there was no rail. Eventually I got sort of used to it and was able to go without assistance, but still carefully. The scenery was spectacular and well worth the effort. The problem of course was I couldn’t walk and look. I either walked and carefully watched where I was going or I stopped, looked and perhaps photographed.

The hotel in the park is only three star, but I really have no complaints.


Entrance to Park
On the bus heading into the park
In the Park

Wooden Path - Uneven and slippery with wet leaves
First waterfall encountered
First waterfall
In park
In Park

On Wooden Path in park
On wooden path in park
Wooden Path
Waterfall in park

Getting dark in park




On boat in park
View from boat

Guide, Steve, in park





High falls in park





Bette and me with the high falls in the background


High Waterfall from top

High Waterfall from inside of Park

No comments: