Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Silk Road - 5 June 2009 - Khiva, Uzbekistan

Khiva is a walled city with a population of 4,000 in the existing walled city. It is a UNESCO world heritage site. I tried to access the internet, but for some reason, I couldn’t connect to Yahoo. I went into the walled city with Suzie and Kathy. We wandered around for a while. I had intended to do no shopping, but I couldn’t say no to a tee shirt for my Little Muffin. After we returned to the hotel, I tried the internet again and was able to connect. The connection that they have at the hotel is slow. After I finished with my e-mail, I sat in the lobby until dinner time. After dinner, we sat around and gossiped a bit and then I came to my room to catch up on my pictures and my writing. Entrance to Khiva
Walls of Khiva
Minaret in the Distance
Note Adobe Construction - Marco Polo would have recognized the construction
Islon Xoja Madrassah
Side of Islon Xoja Madrassah
Description
Colorful Dome in distance
Minaret
Colorful, Short, Wide Tower
Camel kept in center of Khiva
Me in front of map with tower in background
Hoja - Important Literary Figure
Colorful Minaret

No comments: