Friday, July 3, 2009

Silk Road - 11 June 2009 - Stop in Turkey Heading Home

We left the Ak Altyn Hotel at 4:00 AM . We were provided with a box breakfast which I didn’t want to eat as I didn’t know what it was. There was no trouble with my luggage and we boarded the plane to Istanbul. The plane left close to on-time and it was a relatively smooth flight. We landed in Istanbul and I was initially concerned because I didn’t see the man, who was supposed to take us to the hotel, but he showed up and we headed into the city. Fortunately the bus was nicely air-conditioned. They wouldn’t let us check in before noon so Bette and I headed to the restaurant where we had a late buffet breakfast and hung out until noon. Suzy and Peter joined us for a while. I tried to get on the internet, but the wi-fi is apparently not working. Eventually I got on and found a message from Herman and Marla.

After lounging around most of the afternoon, Bette and went for a short walk before we went to dinner at Sur Balik, which is a fish restaurant on the Sea of Marmara. The ambiance was exceptional and the food was good. The restaurant provided van service both ways. The gentle breezes off the water felt so good after a very hot day.

Dinner Restaurant
View from Restaurant
Roses at Restaurant
Waiter took our Picture
Ship heading out to Mediterranean
View of Asia

No comments: