Friday, July 3, 2015

Starting on my way to China

30 June 2015

Herman treated me to sushi as a goodbye treat.  My Nathan didn't want me to leave, which I found cute.  Herman drove me to the airport.  Alma and Nathan came along.  Nathan fell asleep in the car and he was out before we got to Idlewild.

The check in line was long but it moved at a reasonable rate.  Security was great in that since I am 75, I am no long required to take off my shoes.  It is 10:00 pm and I'm already at the gate for my lane which won't leave until 12:50 am, which will be 1 July.

2 July 2015

It is about 3 or 4 in the morning here in Seoul, Korea.  My plane to Hong Kong doesn't leave until about 8:00 am local time and it is about a 3 hour flight.  We apparently crossed the international date line; consequently I lost 1 July.

I surprised myself in that I did get some sleep on the flight from JFK to Seoul.  I have nothing to do until the plane takes off. A four hour layover is better than the originally scheduled 7 hour layover.

There are only 5 other people in the waiting area.  I've seen livelier morgues.

No comments: