Friday, July 3, 2015

Hong Kong (2 July 2015)



2 July 2015 – Hong Kong

The plane was on time both in Seoul and Hong Kong.  I went through immigration and customs with no problem.  As I was walking to the baggage area, I saw my suitcase and ran to get it so I didn’t have to wait for it to go around again. I was concerned about being picked up but I saw a man with my name outside of the customs area as indicated.
The driver got me to the hotel which is very nice. I am quite impressed with the hotel.  The room is very nice.  I checked my e-mail and then took a shower.  I was again mildly perturbed because the schedule for Hong Kong has changed.  As promised the guide came by at 2:00 pm and everything that I’ve signed up for and the tour as indicted will take place, just not as indicated in my booklet
I took a nap, which I should not have, and headed for Pier 3 where the Sunset Cruise was supposed to start from.  I was a little disturbed because I wasn’t quite sure where to get on, but things worked out.  Hong Kong is very hot and muggy, but it was pleasant on the water. I took some pictures.  As I was getting off the ship, a woman stopped me.  She and her husband are on the same tour that I am on. I went out to eat with them.  They wanted to go to a Tapas Bar which had me concerned but there was other food that I could eat.

Walking along the promenade to get to Pier 3



 Getting ready for the Dragon Boat Races

Front of Dragon Boat

Publicity for Dragon Boat Races

View of Hong Kong Island from Promenade



Statue along promenade

Junk in front of Hong Kong Island

 Impressed with Ferris Wheel on Hong Kong Island
Slightly better view of the Junk sailing in the harbor

 Stone wall to protect fishing ships from Typhoons.

Poor fishing village.

Skyline at dusk while on harbor cruise

Me with Hong Kong behind me

 Buildings lit up

 Lights on building which didn't show up in picture.

 Heading back to other side of river,  Lights are beauiful.

No comments: