Saturday, March 22, 2008

On the Road Home

21 March 2008

I was out in the lobby before 11:00 PM and waited for the car to take us to the Amman Airport, which was named for King Hussein’s third wife who died. The car was late, but we arrived in plenty of time as the flight was scheduled for 3:05 AM. You have to go through metal detectors twice, which doesn’t make much sense to me, but then what do I know about security. The first time was just about upon entry to the airport and the second time was when we went into the boarding area. We finally boarded the plane and took off about on time. The plane was full; there wasn’t an empty seat on the plane. Seating was six across and I got stuck with a middle seat. I prefer an aisle seat. I think that I fell asleep because I was exhausted.

We landed at the Frankfurt Airport roughly on time which was about 6:40 AM local time. I had to ask instructions multiple times to locate the gate for my flight which unfortunately does not leave until 1:30 PM local time. This is a seven hour layover, which does not please me, but at least my luggage is booked through. I’m too tired to do anything and there is really no place I can sleep.

We boarded the plane roughly on time. Unfortunately we sat on the runway for almost two hours. There had been rain in Frankfurt and the plane had to be de-iced. We finally took off. The flight was fine. We made it to Newark with no problem. I had a minor problem getting my super shuttle home.

1 comment:

Love, The Aminals said...

seven hour layover? holy macros...