Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cuba - 7 December 2011

I left via LaGuardia airport flying Delta. There was a stop in Atlanta, where I had to change planes to continue on to Miami. The plane was delayed leaving Laguardia and then it encountered head winds resulting in a late arrival in Atlanta. All of the airline personnel insisted that I could make the connecting flight which meant that I ran like a crazy one through the airport. As I was approaching the gate, I was informed that the plane had taken off. There was no problem getting me on the next flight, but I was furious. I strongly object to be being lied to!

Once I landed in Miami, I caught the shuttle to the Crown Plaza hotel, where I met up with the other six people on the tour and we went out to dinner at a Cuban restaurant. I discovered that I don’t really like Cuban food. We were informed that we had to be ready to leave for the airport at 5:15 am! I left a wake-up call for 4:30 am. I really did not sleep well. I kept waking up and checking the clock.

No comments: